Thursday, September 22, 2011

ImagiNation introduction

Not exactly a productive week painting wise, but lack of sleep and a full academic schedule will do that do you. On a non painting production front, I've managed to finally fully flesh out the background to my current project. While the progress is not enough for me to be comfortable about posting, I was bored yesterday and coloured in some uniform templates. These templates are from the blog "Not by Appointment". Unfortunately, Not by Appointment does not have a template of Aussian mounted Grenz, which is the figures I am using for my Hussar regiment.


Reggimento di Fanteria di Sambuca (Infantry Regiment of Sambuca)
and
Cacciatore di Galliano (Chasseur / Skirmishers of Galliano)

Reggimento di Fusiller di Campari (Fusiller Regiment of Campari)

Reggimento del Granatiere dell' Amaretto (Grenadier Regiment of Amaretto)

In all, I plan to have five different units. Two line infantry regiments, one grenadier (which is actually half the size of the line infantry ones), one skirmisher (like the grenadier regiment, only half) and one unit of Hussars. I plan on painting enough models to have the skeleton of each unit (see Grenadiers two posts below) and once the base of each unit is completed, I will expand the grenadier, skirmishers and hussars by a single group of 8 figures and the two line infantry units will be expanded by two groups of 8 figures. This is the plan to allow me to play even when my units are not fully up to strength.

4 comments:

  1. Wise plan, and promising!
    I like the colors association.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takes a brave man to wear sky-blue with green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about their flags?
    The colors of pizzas look perhaps too much like the modern Italian one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a Coat of Arms done up, but for the flags, I'm going to be using Swedish Thirty Years War stuff (Regimental flags)

    ReplyDelete