Thursday, October 4, 2012

Something a little different

Rummaging around in my box of Napoleonic figures I found a single Native American in 28mm.  I have no idea what manufacturer or where it came from, but it fits really well with the rest of my slightly-larger-then-28mm 28mm figures.  This model serves as a prototype for additions to my planned F&I Wars ImagiNation project.  I'm not 100% sure on my technique for the skin, but I know how to refine it now.




I've used pretty simple techniques to paint this model.  Prime, dry brush model with white, base coat primary colours, wash and then highlight.  Used four shades of fleshtone as I worked my way up.  I'm not a huge fan of of the "red skinned" or overly tanned Native American style of painting, it looks to artificial (not that my cartoon style of flesh painting isn't mind you).  For the next batches of Native models, I will darken down the flesh slightly as I do think I over-highlighted slightly.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you've painted him, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, was the first time in quite a while that I've painted something other then seven years war figures, a nice change.

      Delete